Monday 13 May 2013

Bad weather birder.

Another pleasant day up here with grey skies, wind and rain. A trip to Iona for Corncrake was on the cards but the weather wasn't the best. If you don't look you won't see - I'm up for that. Two Sandwich Tern were a year tick so that was a good start.
A Sedge Warbler singing in the rain was another year tick...
...and I saw a Corncrake in the first 10 minutes, another year tick. It wasn't a 'showing well' day for Corncrakes but I thought I should give it a shot. A Rook posed in the rain...
...a Peregrine flew over...
...I got very wet and managed to see three separate Corncrake and got three photos, none were any good! I did concentrate on looking at the birds rather taking photos though.
Good views of Gannet...
...Razorbill and Guillemot on the way back.
Not a bad effort on a poor day.

No comments: