Tuesday 22 November 2011

Does my bum look big in this?

The predicted sunshine did arrive yesterday but there was still a fair bit of cloud around too. I settled myself onto a comfortable rock to wait for an Otter to come a bit closer. I watched and waited as this Otter clambered ashore, some distance away, and promptly settled down for a kip!! I turned my attention to a few RB Merganser that were heading my way and managed to capture this male as it flapped it's wings. 
Not the best shot of the day but if you look in the top left of this one you can see the Otter snoring.
A quick change of location got me some closer Otter action - 'You can't see me, right'
Nice reflections in the calm water...
...and .Does my bum look big in this?' I would have to say yes!
I managed to get the spycam out again today so we'll see what that brings. I picked up a few raptors along the way too with the usual Buzzards and one each of Kestrel, Sparrowhawk and Golden Eagle. I was stuck at home in the afternoon so the best I could do was point the camera at some garden birds. The ubiquitous Robin was first to present itself.
With the feeders full the Chaffinches were around but not posing well so I made do with this Great Tit on the Willow.
There were a few Fieldfare just across the road 'chacking' away but I never saw them until they flew. The Blackbirds were not so shy.
One of our most stunning birds is the Blue Tit - even in a bad photo it looks good!

No comments: