Friday 15 July 2011

Deaf, dumb and blind.

I've been busy over the last few days but I don't have much to show for it yet. I've seen a fair bit while I've been out but mostly from a distance so it was nice to come across this pair of WT Eagles in the air together. Surprising how different the shape of the male bird is...
...compared to the female.
A quick trip out to check a few areas for the surveillance camera proved interesting. I could do with a few more cameras but I'll just have to keep plugging away. There were quite a few Common Terns buzzing about today and a pair of very noisy RT Diver too. A nice encounter with an Otter in the afternoon. I watched it swimming with a purpose to start with.
It then caught a fish which it brought ashore close to where I was sitting.
Finally, I watched as it made it's way through the shallows, up the shore, across the road and up the hill before being lost to sight. Another place and another Otter - this one seemed quite nervous or maybe it just likes looking at cars as it stopped to look at every one that passed! It even stopped cleaning itself to watch the traffic. As you can see from the photo I was a fair distance away, the wind in my favour and it clocked me when I made a slight scrape with my boot.
Some people think the Otter are deaf, dumb and blind - no chance. Their hearing is good, they will see you move and they are certainly not stupid!

No comments: