Saturday 15 June 2013

Twisted.

A day off with other things to catch up on kept the wildlife sightings to a minimum so the best I got were a couple of Lesser Redpoll on the fence at home. I presume this is the male...
...and this is the slightly duller female.
The following day I managed to twist my ankle just before setting off on the tour!! Needless to say it was a painful day but the sightings were good and the photos were almost non existent. After getting good views of the WT Eagle on the nest we found a Pied Wagtail perched on the fence sporting some rings...
...the details of that have been sent off and we'll see what comes back. Good views of the Golden Eagles and a Cuckoo were had but after setting the scope up I spent more time trying to keep the weight off my ankle. Three Otter were well watched before headed into the woods for Wood Warbler - cracking views but a slow walk. Another Golden Eagle was seen just before lunch...
...about 15 Common Tern and before the end of the day we'd had another two Golden Eagle, Whinchat, Adder and a single Swift.

No comments: