Tuesday 4 December 2012

December.

Only short trips out again for the beginning of December but the wildlife just keeps on showing. A trio of Otters were on the loch side when I was driving past...
...and a Sparrowhawk had made a kill.
Garden birds are thin on the ground but visits from Coal Tit, Chaffinch, Dunnock...
...Blackbird, a couple of Meadow Pipit, Blue Tit....
...and fly over/past Woodcock and Barn Owl. I finally captured one Blackbird but it was still too far away!
The Hen Harriers are still showing well - I found this one when I stopped for a Dipper.
A young Red Deer stag was standing at the side of the river but no sign of the Dipper.
Another Hen Harrier was performong as I headed for home...
...and a male Stonechat posed well...
...while the female was a bit more active and I never got a second chance at it.

No comments: