Wednesday 21 December 2011

Back on line!

More problems with the internet have caused a bit of frustration but hopefully all is well now.  The weather hasn't been that good and with Christmas looming there have been other things to do. A small, dark wader had me grabbing the camera on Tuesday. The weather was filthy so I'm surprised the photo is as good as it is - it's a nicely marked Purple Sandpiper.
I've not really seen them away from their usual rocky shoreline habitat so it was interesting to see this one paddling around with the Ringed Plover flock. It wasn't going to get any brighter but I had a run out anyway. A young Common Seal looked more like a carcase from a distance but you can see it's a lively little cutie.
Next up was a Kestrel with it's lunch. I couldn't get near it but the distant shots were good enough and there was rain approaching.
I'm not sure when the next blog post will be so I'll take the opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Predictably, I'll leave you with a Robin. Good times.

No comments: