Thursday 28 November 2013

A waiting game

It's been a while since I had a proper close view of an Otter so I kept my eyes peeled for a decent opportunity. A search around for Otter spraint was easy enough with plenty of places showing signs of extra nutrients being laid down.
It wasn't too long before I found an Otter but the light wasn't great so the places to watch from had to be carefully chosen. He was easy to see when he surfaced...
 ...but it took a bit more time to get into position to get some shots when he had the sun behind him.
The Otter didn't hang around for too long before he headed off across a short stretch of water and then back onto dry land.
I got ahead of him and settled down to wait for the beast to reappear...it took a while before I had him in view again. The big surprise for me was the fact that he had wandered over the rocks and passed by me within a couple of yards!! Naturally, I couldn't move as he stopped for a look at me before trotting off and back into the drink.
With enough food inside he settled down for a snooze so I left him to it. A lovely encounter though.

1 comment:

PMBrem said...

The 2nd Otter pic's impressive Bryan. I'v ebee 'trying' to get one for a while but they never seem to pop up again where I expect. Keep up the great blog, it's most peoples only link to mull for most of the year..