Sunday 1 April 2012

Stinker.

A quick run out on Thursday produced some nice sightings. A Kestrel was perched up for long enough to get a shot but I couldn't get any closer as the male bird appeared and took his girl away!
The Hooded Crows were busy looking for nest material but they pretended to be doing nothing while I watched.
I heard a Great Spotted Woodpecker drumming and managed to get good views of the bird after a bit of  a search. A male Bullfinch was a lot more obliging as it sat at the top of a tree. A plant that has caught my eye a few times but I'd not stopped for a good look almost got the full treatment today. I looked and took a photograph but as it's called Stinking Cabbage I didn't bother with a sniff!
On my way home I saw a Buzzard flying back and forth across a small cliff face but I couldn't see what was holding it's attention.
I finally got a snap of the male and female Stonechat together...
...and I watched a couple of Rock Pipit building their nest.

2 comments:

Tim James said...

Fabulous series that provides a wonderful picture of life on the island. Great pix and an enjoyable essay.

Bryan Rains said...

Thanks, Tim. It's always nice to get some different stuff.