Sunday 15 February 2015

Waking up

Otter sightings are still good at the moment - you're having a bad day if you get less than four but females with youngsters help a lot.
There are still a few Iceland Gulls hanging around but they all seem to be youngsters.
This Buzzard allowed a close approach but he must have been having a messy meal - just look at the state of his beak and his feet!
No excuses for the Oystercatcher - if you dig in the soil you will get dirty.
Golden Eagle - overhead and away quick as a wink!
 The Crossbills always seem to be backlit so when this one turned up just as the sun was hitting the top of the trees I grabbed my opportunity.
There have been a few nice days recently so the temperatures are creeping up and waking up the things that have been hibernating. There was a frost in the morning but by lunchtime the temperature was up to 8 degrees. A Peacock butterfly was basking in the rays...
...and not too far away my first Adder of the year was doing the same thing.

2 comments:

kev parr said...

Is that your earliest Mull adder ever Bryan?

I went out this morning to my local spots but still haven't seen one this year....

Bryan Rains said...

Kev - not by a long way. 9th Feb is my earliest I think. You won't get them until late February or early March, I think.