Tuesday 13 November 2012

Back on Mull.

It's took a bit of time to sort through the holiday snaps and the weather hasn't been the best but I managed a trip out for a couple of hours. Within seconds of leaving the shop I was parking up to get these shots of a female Hen Harrier. The bird was already past me but hunting into the wind meant it wasn't taking too much notice. Skimming low over the vegetation...
...she would half stall when something caught her attention...
...rapid changes of direction give an idea of how much ground the bird is taking notice of...
...with the occasional success...
...before moving on. An awesome encounter with a bird that can be quite skittish.
There are plenty of GN Divers on the lochs now and I was lucky to come across two adult Otters in the same location.
I'd already seen a WT Eagle sitting on an outcrop but the fly over bird was a lot closer. The photograph was an afterthought!
A couple of RB Mergs were fishing in the shallows as I headed for home so I watched them for ten minutes or so.
The weather had been a bit wet but as the sun started going down the clouds were breaking. This Buzzard was drying itself off.

No comments: